- Have you felt like you’re falling through the cracks of our health care system?
- Do you sometimes feel trapped by chronic pain, illness or anxiety?
- Discouraged by recurring pain in your back, neck, hip or joints?
- Are migraines, sciatica, IBS, fatigue, stress… stealing your days?
- Looking to work with someone who can help connect the dots, between your emotional/psychological experiences, patterns and physical symptoms?
- Do obsessive thoughts, depression or trauma hinder your ability to work or enjoy life?
- Are you wanting to listen to and learn from your body’s healing inner wisdom?
It can get better.
More than ever, people are pegged in cookie-cutter diagnoses and treatments, based on outdated models and restrictive practices. Even when you consult several specialists, it’s hard to coordinate it all, especially when you don’t feel well. What’s rare is a multi-disciplined approach that looks at you as a whole person, considers your physical and emotional history, body systems and unique circumstances to develop a truly customized, personal approach to healing.
Working with someone who seeks to see and reflect back the big picture of you, who understands what it is to be in pain and distress, can bring some relief to break free and begin to feel like yourself again.
I’m a multi-disciplinary and experienced somatic pain therapist who, for 33 years, has been helping clients manage and relieve chronic (physical and emotional) pain, illness and post traumatic stress symptoms . I also provide holistic health coaching and train other practitioners in somatic therapies. I am continuously refining an original synthesis of mind-body, manual and movement therapies. Here, the worlds of clinical bodywork, physical therapy, yoga, somatic psychotherapy and other mind/body work meet and purposefully interact.
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT)
- Certified Structural Yoga Therapist (CSYT)
- Registered Movement Therapist (RMT)
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) Continuing Education Provider
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute Level I Graduate: Affect Dysregulation, Survival Defenses and Traumatic Memory (For the Treatment of Trauma)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Level II Graduate: Emotional Processing, Meaning Making and Attachment Repair (For Developmental Injury)
This holistic approach attempts to reveal:
- What your digestive disorder and anxiety might have to do with your low back pain and asthma.
- How relaxation practices and changes to your diet and daily routine can help your fatigue, migraines, neck and pelvic pain.
- Why cultivating present moment awareness helps us heal from trauma and manage chronic pain.
By focusing on regulating the nervous system we aim not only to restore myofascial integrity but increase self awareness of emotional triggers and support a natural and dynamic equilibrium between all your body’s systems.
You’ll learn to notice, demystify and unwind from detrimental habitual patterns, to expand choices and quality of life. Coaching in biomechanics, life-style modifications, mind-body and somatic practices, and therapeutic exercises to improve stability and mobility, can all be part of your healing program.
In partnership with you, the client, I adapt methods on and off the table, in movement or stillness, verbal and non-verbal, depending on how your body responds best. This is a creative, collaborative, in-the-moment body therapy, based on age-old teachings, informed by current scientific thinking.
“I like to think of it as an approach that marries
the clinical with the contemplative”
Our work begins with a comprehensive focused discussion, thorough structural assessment and we’re guided by your body’s individual response. I follow your body’s cues and wisdom, trust and respect your unique process and modify accordingly. It’s your story and your show.
This method seamlessly blends many healing disciplines and somatic therapies, including;
- Myofascial Release
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Somatic awareness coaching and movement therapies
- Proprioceptive retraining, Muscle energy techniques
- Trigger point release and Amma (similar to shiatsu)
- Neuromuscular therapy/Re-education
- Mind-body work, Relaxation techniques and Breath-work
- Structural Yoga Therapy
- Structural Integration
- Orthopedic and medical massage
- Nutrition and diet coaching
- Authentic Movement Therapy
My work is constantly evolving based on experiences with clients and continuing education. I am most excited about integrating the rich dynamic dimension of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, a somatic psychotherapeutic methodology. This bottom up approach respects your body’s inner wisdom, is informed by the latest advances in neuroscience and trauma therapy, anchors the session in present moment awareness and skillfully regulates the nervous system.
I understand not only because of professional experience but because I live it. My personal experience with chronic illness and severe pain has deepened my understanding and helps me appreciate the multi-layered and often poorly addressed complications so many of us struggle with.
Call me for a free phone consultation to see if this innovative approach is a match for you, at 413 575 1354, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I offer remote consultations via Zoom if you live far from western Massachusetts, USA, and now for all clients, during this era of COVID. I am happy to recommend other resources that might be helpful.
Please explore the site as I am now updating it. Know that hope and help are possible.
Go beyond recovering from pain as you cultivate and enjoy a new relationship with your body.
Lenore Bryck is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider.
Freedom by Sculptor Zenos Frudakis