Marrying the clinical and the contemplative
Individualized Holistic Therapy and Coaching for Pain Relief and Well-being
On the table: Original, unique synthesis of manual, movement and mind/body therapies. Think of it as where the worlds of clinical massage therapy, physical therapy, yoga, somatic psychotherapy and other mind/body therapies meet and purposefully interact. I incorporate many somatic healing disciplines and manual therapies, including myofascial and trigger point release, Amma, orthopedic and medical massage, neuromuscular therapy/re-education and muscle energy techniques.
Comprehensive bodywork that works for your body
- Imagine deep but gentle structural bodywork synchronized with guided breath-work, assisted therapeutic movement and guided by your body’s responses
- Balancing the nervous system first, facilitates deeper response. Learning to regulate the nervous system encourages more sustained positive change
- Retraining the brain-body connection gives you a cooperative system to work with, like family therapy for your body
- Cutting edge physical therapies helps restore healthy range of motion and functioning
Off the table; In the chair or on the move:
- My latest exciting addition is Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, a body-oriented, talking therapy by Pat Ogden, informed by the work of Ron Kurtz and the Rolf Method of Structural Integration, enriched by contributions from the fields of attachment, neuroscience, and dissociation. It blends cognitive and emotional approaches, verbal dialogue, and physical interventions that directly address the implicit memories and neurobiological effects of trauma. By using bodily experience as a primary entry point in trauma therapy, rather than the events or the “story,” we attend to how the body is processing information, and its interface with emotions and cognitive meaning-making. Ogden, 2002, Fisher, 2003 Sensorimotor Psychotherapy® Institute 2012. SP can be adapted and integrated into many aspects of the work
- Authentic Movement BodyTherapy; an exciting new therapeutic model I’ve developed, incorporating Authentic Movement with clinical, somatic and bodywork practices for pain management, is a dynamic, multi-layered exploration into the treasure chest of stories your psyche and body can reveal
- I also incorporate Structural Yoga Therapy in my work, blending physiotherapy in a solid foundation of yoga principles and practice, to bring you a deeper understanding of your personal healing process and a more dynamic self-care program.
- We can adapt most methods on or off the table in movement or stillness, depending on how your body responds best. This is co-creative, dynamic, in the moment bodywork, based on age old disciplines, informed by current neuroscience.
In your daily life: What you do in between or after our sessions is critical to your progress. Together we can develop a program for self-care that might include:
- Therapeutic exercise instruction
- Healthy life style coaching and Diet
- Structural Yoga Therapy, mind/body awareness training, other somatic practices
- Self-massage and other self-care exploration
- Biomechanics and neuromuscular re-training
Out of the area: We could possibly work remotely via Skype consultations if you live far away.
Retrain the brain and Get out of pain