- Have you felt like you’re falling through the cracks of our health care system?
- Do you sometimes feel trapped by chronic pain and illness?
- Discouraged by recurring pain in your back, neck, hip or joints?
- Do you suffer from migraines, sciatica, IBS, fatigue or stress?
- Looking for someone who can connect the dots between your physical symptoms and emotional/psychological experiences and patterns?
- Do anxiety, depression or trauma hinder your ability to work or enjoy life?
It can get better.
More than ever, patients are pegged in cookie-cutter diagnoses and treatments based on a practitioner’s specialty. Even when you consult several specialists, it’s hard to get them to communicate or coordinate. That works for some people. But many others fail to improve. What’s rare is a multi-disciplined approach that looks at you as a whole person, factoring in your history, body systems and unique circumstances to develop a truly customized, personal approach to healing.
You need someone experienced, who understands what it is to be in pain and distress, and how you can break free to feel like yourself again.
I’m a multi-disciplinary and experienced somatic pain therapist who, for 30 years, has been helping clients manage and relieve chronic and acute pain and illness. I also provide holistic health coaching and train other practitioners in somatic therapies. I am continuously refining an original synthesis of manual, movement and mind-body therapies. Here, the worlds of clinical massage, physical therapy, yoga, somatic psychotherapy and other mind/body work meet and purposefully interact.
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT)
- Certified Structural Yoga Therapist (CSYT)
- Registered Movement Therapist (RMT)
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) Continuing Education Provider
This holistic approach attempts to reveal:
- What your digestive disorder and anxiety might have to do with your low back pain and asthma.
- How relaxation practices and changes to your diet and daily routine can help your migraines, neck and pelvic pain.
- Why cultivating present moment awareness helps us heal from trauma and manage chronic pain.
By focusing on regulating the nervous system I work to restore musculoskeletal and myofascial balance and the natural and dynamic equilibrium between all your body’s systems.
You’ll learn to notice, demystify and unwind from detrimental habitual patterns, to improve function and quality of life. Coaching in biomechanics, life-style modifications, mind-body and somatic practices, and therapeutic exercises to improve stability and mobility, can all be part of your healing program.
In partnership with you, the client, I adapt methods on or off the table, in movement or stillness, verbal and non-verbal, depending on how your body responds best. This is a creative, collaborative, in-the-moment body therapy, based on age-old teachings, informed by current scientific thinking.
“I like to think of it as an approach that marries
the clinical with the contemplative”
Our work begins with a comprehensive focused discussion, thorough structural assessment and your body’s individual response. I follow your body’s cues and wisdom, trust and respect your unique process and modify accordingly. It’s your story and your show.
This method seamlessly blends many healing disciplines and somatic therapies, including;
- Myofascial Release
- Somatic awareness coaching and movement therapies
- Proprioceptive retraining, Muscle energy techniques
- Trigger point release and Amma (similar to shiatsu)
- Neuromuscular therapy/Re-education
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Mind-body work, Relaxation techniques and Breath-work
- Structural Yoga Therapy
- Structural Integration
- Orthopedic and medical massage
- Nutrition and diet coaching
- Authentic Movement Therapy
My work is constantly evolving based on experiences with clients and continuing education. I am currently training in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, which offers clients a somatic, bottom up approach, that respects their body’s inner wisdom, is informed by the latest advances in neuroscience and trauma therapy, anchors the session in present moment awareness and skillfully regulates the nervous system. I am very excited to add an even richer dimension and depth to my work, by integrating this remarkable somatic psychotherapeutic methodology.
I understand not only because of professional experience but because I live it. My personal experience with chronic illness and severe pain has deepened my understanding and helps me appreciate the multi-layered and often poorly addressed complications so many of us struggle with.
Call me for a free phone consultation to see if this innovative approach is a match for you, at 413 575 1354, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I offer remote consultations via Skype if you live far from western Massachusetts, USA. I am happy to recommend other resources that might be helpful.
Please explore the site as I update information, including creating a supportive learning community for people with chronic pain or illness. From therapeutic movement classes, self-care, strategies for self-empowerment to various local workshops and mind/body therapy, hope and help are possible.
Go beyond recovering from pain as you cultivate and enjoy a new relationship with your body.
Lenore Bryck is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider.
Freedom by Sculptor Zenos Frudakis